Thursday, July 2, 2015

I can use my hands again...

that's how I am able to type this post !

I met the workout programmer today at the gym. Once again I realised that politeness, friendliness and kindness go a long way. Especially with me. He was very nice to speak to. He designed a workout for me. Alternate days of Total Body Workout (read: those torturous machines) and Cardio+Abs (less torturous).

As I was wearing my shoes in the changing room S, the lady instructor, took charge of me there itself ! "Let's go, she said, Upper body workout today". I dutifully went on the gym floor and met my new friend M again. S led us from machine to machine and M and I did  S made us do the upper body workout turn by turn. My arms gradually started giving up on me. By the time we were on the last machine it was a huge struggle. So much so that I couldn't raise my arm to push back a stray strand of hair ! Its confirmed...S is definitely condescending towards those (like me) who haven't exercised before. But I am not really taking it to heart because right now it is more important for me that I turn up daily and exercise sincerely and S is pushy enough to ensure that.

Today towards the end of the exercise I exclaimed, "My arms have just died. I could do any amount of Cardio but these machines are impossible !" On cue M remarked "That's why I never last at gyms." I realised that perhaps this might have been one of the reasons that I have wasted money on gyms twice before.

I texted my friend that I had gone to gym today as well. I said I could only text in the evening after I regained use of my hands :) He's not asked me to report to him everyday but I'm kind of creating answerability for myself. Tomorrow I plan to go earlier...when he goes...and that means I will have to sleep earlier today.

Tomorrow promises to be less difficult than today...Cardio and Abs. Yay !

No comments: